Title: Marketing Communications Manager/ Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Department and Team: Marketing
Working Hours: Full Time
Salary: £32-38k pa
Position in the organisation:
Reports to: Marketing Director
Responsible for: Marketing Executive (To be recruited)/Suppliers
Works in conjunction with: Customer Service, Sales & Product Development
Budget Accountability: Yes
We are seeking a talented (senior) marketing communications manager, with the aspiration and determination to drive the marketing function in a fast-growing business in an evolving sector.
CrowdControlHQ is the UK’s leading social media and compliance platform built for Enterprise organisations. Developed by Crowd Technologies the British built SaaS platform is now used by more than 100 high profile brands, across the public and private sector to manage complex, multi-site, multi channels social media activity.
We are proud to deliver to our customers an award winning combination of cutting edge technology & UK based customer support from our base in Birmingham. The product is recognised globally, described within the highly acclaimed Forrester Top 10 as a ‘Worldwide Contender’ and was winner of FSTech 2016.
As Marketing Communications Manager, you will help the CrowdControlHQ brand develop within the Enterprise market, with a particular emphasis on heavily compliant environments and brands under heavy scrutiny from the public where every tweet/ Facebook post or Instagram picture counts!
With a strong passion for planning and delivering multi-channel communications approaches – ideally with experience in a B2B or SaaS based environment, you will have an appetite for staying on top of the trends surrounding innovation within the digital environment as well as a deep appreciation of the benefits of both social media & the management approaches used to deliver it.
Ideally, you will have had some leadership and/or management experience, perhaps looking for the opportunity to step up and help grow a team and business. You will have an eye on what talent looks like when managing your supplier base and an understanding of how to brief, manage and communicate effectively with a communications supplier base (PR, design, print etc.). You will also be a highly organised project manager with the ability to squeeze as much value as you can from your cross channel approaches.
You will be confident in monitoring and evaluation and have the ability to review progress and demonstrate ROI on marketing communications approaches and be quick to act where a channel is failing to deliver as you expected.
Your role will also demand a very strong personal written communication skillset to facilitate the delivery of top quality reports, white papers and contribute to the overall content approach (blogs, copy) as well as supporting other team members to proof and support their content delivery.
You may, on occasion, be required to work client-side providing social media guidance and advice and facilitating discussions around social media strategy.
Overall purpose of job:
- To manage, inspire and deliver the strategic marketing communications plan for CrowdControlHQ
- To manage the CrowdControlHQ brand, ensuring that we remain the UK’s leading social media risk management platform for Enterprise organisations
- To support the Sales team in creating a vibrant and relevant pipeline with the development of good content and its distribution.
- To help inspire retention of existing customers, through the delivery of quality content across key online and offline communications channels.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the process for collecting business intelligence, markets, trends, customers and competitors
- Create annual marketing communication plan & budget proposal
- Manage the implementation of the marketing communication plan for CrowdControlHQ
- Project manage key events, conference and exhibitions, ensuring maximum exposure and positive brand value is secured
- Effectively monitor and evaluate progress
- Manage and support the digital media manager
- Performance manage internal and external supplier teams
- Influence partners to deliver best value for CrowdControlHQ
- Deliver presentations to colleagues on the work of the marketing teams
- Report to progress to Director, Chief Executive and Board as required
- Provide written monthly report on marketing team progress against KPIs
Channel & Content Delivery
- Ensure that all communications channels are performing at their optimum
- Negotiate to secure the very best deal with suppliers, advertisers and collaborative partners
- Oversee the creation of excellent content to support the recruitment, retention and brand building efforts of the business
- Contribute where necessary to the content creation e.g. white papers, blogs, web copy, press requests
- Support the Directors, Senior management team and Chief Executive with key day to day communications
- Ensure that the CrowdControlHQ brand continues to innovate and remain relevant to the audience it serves
- Conduct brand audit and reviews where necessary
- Ensure Crisis PR protocols are in place
- Work with the digital and development team to ensure that the CrowdControlHQ web presence reflects positively on the business and the product
- Ensure third party partners/ license holders of CrowdControlHQ uphold the values of the brand at all times
- Respond to PR and media enquiries
- Oversee key spokesperson policy
- Ensure all social media & communication policies are up to date
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required:
Proven Track record and experience in the following;
- B2B Marketing communication campaign planning and delivery (ideally in the technology/ digital space)
- Brand management
- Multi-channel communications delivery
- Leading a team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of enterprise social media usage
With the following soft skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise work effectively, work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to work alongside company policies and procedures (internal and external)
- Attention to detail whilst working quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and to manage own workload.
- Strong written English and creative skills
- Ability to multi task and work on multiple accounts in parallel
- Proven track record of appointing and working with suppliers to meet a brief
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SaaS/ Technology marketing methods
- Experience of digital marketing planning and implementation
- Experience of working in an Enterprise environment
- Experience of managing complex social media campaigns
- Experience of managing crisis PR
- Experience of database management, PR, Salesforce, Emailer systems, Marketing Automation and SEO
- Membership of an appropriate professional development body.
- Creative approach to tried and tested approaches
- Determined to succeed in life, work and for a team
- Positive outlook with a clear focus on high quality and accuracy.
- Passionate about communications
- Professional whilst being friendly and outgoing.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, but also a team player.
- Able to work on own initiative and find solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Training/Reading that will help with this role:
Any courses provided by:
- Digital Marketing courses/ modules
- CIPR – Chartered Institute of PR
- CIM – Chartered Institute of Marketing
Office based – Birmingham, with occasional travel as required to meet client and business requirements.
How to Apply?
- Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is 10th November 2016